- Ph.D., International Trade and Computational Economics, Purdue University
- M.S., Economics, Purdue University
- M.S., Applied Economics, The Johns Hopkins University
- B.S., Agricultural and Resource Economics, University of Maryland College Park
- Mobile Electric Power Plant, Naval Aviation Technical Training Unit (CNATTU) North Island
- Aviation Support Equipment Technician, Naval Air Technical Training Center (NATTC) Pensacola
Organized Conferences and Sessions
- Advances in Parameter Estimates and Structural Identification in Applied General Equilibrium Models (June, 2020), with Zeynep Akgul.
- The 1st Seminar on Bridging the Gap between CGE and NQTMs: Recent Methods in Global Trade for Appl. Policy Analysis (June, 2021), with Costas Arkolakis.
- The 2nd Seminar on Bridging the Gap between CGE and NQTMs: Global Trade and Climate Change (June, 2022), with Costas Arkolakis.
- The 3rd Seminar on Bridging the Gap between CGE and NQTMs: Environment and Resources for the Future (June, 2023), with Costas Arkolakis.
- Founded Chinese Economists Club - an academic platform for Chinese-speaking economists and social scientists in the world.
Grants and Special Honors
- Structural Transformation and Economic Growth (STEG), Larger Research Grants (LRGS), "Clean Water", supported by the Government of the United Kingdom, with Costas Arkolakis and Conor Walsh, 2023 (New)
- Small Grant to Support Independent Research, for taking the initiative in bridging the literature of economic models, Purdue University, 2021
- Jim and Neta Hicks Competitive Research Grant, for research activities conducted in the U.S. Government, 2017
- Ranked 1st in the calculus class, University of Maryland Department of Mathematics (among 250 students, letter request), 2012
- Ranked 1st in the U.S. naval class, hydraulic/pneumatic structures mechanic, and aviation electrics (NATTC honor student), 2008
Invited Presentations (most recent)
2023 Renmin University, Xiamen University (Public Economics Seminar), Yale University (Macroeconomics Seminar), Cornell University (Northeast Workshop on Energy Policy and Environmental Economics), Université de Bordeaux (GTAP), Academy of Mathematics and Systems Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), Shanghai University of Finance and Economics (SUFE Public Seminar), Fudan University (Series Lectures on Modern Applied Economics), Wuhan University of Technology
- Mandarin Chinese (native), German (spoken since a teenager, and lived in Germany for several years), Japanese (spent 3 years in Japan)
- Defense Language Aptitude Battery (DLAB) - Category IV
- Research Associate, Department of Economics and Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD), Iowa State University
- International Economist, Office of Economics, U.S. International Trade Commission
- Congressional Intern, U.S. House of Representatives
- Aviation Support Equipment Technician (Enlisted Aviation Warfare Specialist), 7th Fleet, U.S. Navy
- Chief Representative and Regional Manager, IndustryStock.com/Deutche Medien Verlag GmbH
- Representative in North China, LIQUI MOLY GmbH